2020 Yamaha YZ65
In The Zone
Designed for the discriminating mini moto racer that wants to win and propel themselves into the victory zone.
- Potent 65cc Motocrosser: Built to win races, the YZ65™ is ready to tackle the track with winning performance right out of the gate. And, of course, this compact machine features Yamaha's renowned competition off-road quality and durability just like the bigger YZs.
- YPVS™ Powerplant: The 65cc two-stroke engine features the legendary Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS), a mechanical power valve system that delivers a broad spread of power and torque across the entire RPM range.
- Adjustable Chassis: With a strong steel frame and adjustable front and rear suspension, the YZ65 offers riders the traction, confidence, and tunability of full-size motocross machines in a compact package.
- Potent Two-Stroke Engine: The 65cc two-stroke powerplant features the same advanced technologies found in Yamaha's race-winning YZ125 and YZ250 motocrossers.
- Race-Developed Intake: Proven reed-valve induction improves acceleration and throttle response across the entire powerband, with a carefully tuned Keihin® PWK28 carburetor to meter fuel flow.
- Yamaha Power Valve System: Patented YPVS™ combines crisp bottom-end torque with potent midrange and free-revving top-end, making the most of the compact engine and lightweight chassis.
- Close-Ratio Transmission: Six-speed, close-ratio transmission optimizes gear ratios for maximum performance, giving riders the right gear for every race condition.
- Digital Ignition: Digital CDI system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for excellent response.
- Efficient Cooling System: Compact radiator delivers maximum cooling efficiency even in the toughest racing conditions.
- Compact Steel Frame: The YZ65 offers light, neutral handling built on a strong steel cradle frame. Designed around the rigidity balance required for the 65cc class, this frame delivers excellent bump absorption in the roughest track sections, jump landings and whoop sections.
- Lightweight Subframe: Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight and convenient maintenance, just like on the full-size motocross bikes.
- Dual Wave-Type Disc Brakes: Wave-style brake rotors are lighter than conventional rotors and have that full size YZ family style.
- Adjustable Suspension Systems: Up front, a 36mm KYB® coil spring fork offers excellent compliance with settings based on Yamaha's extensive testing experience. Out back, a link-less shock design is light, compact, and works through a swingarm with YZ125-style chain adjusters. Both front and rear suspension systems are tunable for both rebound and compression damping.
- Maxxis® Tires: Maxxcross SI tires offer good grip across of a variety of track conditions, utilizing 60/100-14 front and 80/100-12 rear tire sizes.
- Adjustable Ergonomics: The YZ65 is highly tunable to fit riders of various sizes, with a 4-position adjustable aluminum handlebar clamp, adjustable position clutch and front brake levers, grippy foot pegs, and long seat design to help riders move across the bike.
- Aggressive YZ Family Styling: The YZ65 may be the smallest member of the family, but it packs in the same aggressive styling as the larger YZ and YZ-F siblings, even down to the slick blue Excel® wheels.
- Engine Type: 65cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore x Stroke: 43.5mm x 43.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.1~9.1:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® PWK28 carburetor
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: 36mm KYB® coil spring, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 8.5 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 10.6 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: 198mm hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: 190mm hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front: 60/100-14 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI
- Tires / Rear: 80/100-12 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI
- L x W x H: 63.5 in. x 30.0 in. x 39.5 in.
- Seat Height: 29.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 45.0 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.4 deg.
- Trail: 2.5 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 10.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 0.9 gal.
- Wet Weight: 134 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore and Stroke
- 43.5mm x 43.6mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® PWK28 carburetor
- Front Suspension
- 36mm KYB® coil spring, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 8.5 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- 198mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- 60/100-14 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 10.6 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- 190mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tire
- 80/100-12 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 134 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 0.9 gal.
- 45.0 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 10.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 29.5 in.
- 2.5 in.
- 26.4 deg.
- 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)