2020 Yamaha YZ450F
Tune In To Victory
Class leading performance and suspension along with the smartphone power tuner app make this the bike of choice for race winners.
- Ultimate Open Class YZ®: Lighter. More Powerful. Better Handling. Simply put, the 2020 YZ450F is better everywhere, with a more compact motor, a thoroughly refined chassis, and weight reduction from the axles to the handlebar.
- Yamaha Power Tuner App: Yamaha's exclusive Power Tuner app puts the flexibility and precision tunability of the GYTR® Power Tuner into your smartphone. Make fueling and ignition timing changes instantly and upload them to the bike for the ultimate in track-side tuning, or use the handlebar-mounted switch to change fueling maps on the fly.
- Compact and Cutting-Edge Fuel-Injected Engine: Inside the ultra-compact new motor, a high-compression cylinder head, forged piston, aggressive cam profiles and much more work together to give YZ450F™ riders the best balance of open-class power with controllability. And electric start makes it even easier.
- Advanced Alloy Frame: Yamaha's bilateral beam aluminum frame features updated main spars, triple clamps and engine mounting points that centralize mass and provide an ideal rigidity balance between cornering feel and straight-line confidence.
- Class-Leading Suspension: Yamaha continues to use spring-type forks with refined, speed-sensitive damping to give industry-leading suspension performance straight out of the box.
- More Compact Rearward-Slanted Cylinder: The YZ450F's distinct rearward-slanted cylinder design is now even lighter and more compact than before, ideally positioned in the frame for optimized weight distribution. Inside, the engine features a long, straight intake tract, aggressive cam profiles, a new high-compression, bridge-box piston design with DLC-coated piston pin, and more. Together, these details give the rider an ideal balance of open-class power with exceptional controllability.
- Yamaha Power Tuner App: Breaking new ground in the industry - again - Yamaha created the Power Tuner app, which brings the power of the GYTR Power Tuner to your iOS® or Android® device. Using wireless connectivity to talk to the bike's onboard CAN-bus network, the app allows owners to adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing maps to tune engine performance for track conditions, record race log information, and monitor a range of data such as maintenance and system diagnosis, engine run time, and more.
- Adjustable Fuel Mapping: A handlebar-mounted map switch allows the rider to quickly select between preloaded engine maps—loaded and configured in the Power Tuner app—to account for changing track and weather conditions.
- Electric Starter System: The YZ450F features a compact electric starter system to minimize restart delays on track and add convenience everywhere else. Powered by a high-capacity and ultra-lightweight four-cell lithium-ion battery, the system adds minimal weight.
- Launch Control System (LCS): LCS optimizes engine output for quicker, smoother race starts every time, boosting controllability out of the gate and ensuring the rider has the best chance to get the holeshot and lead the competition into the first turn.
- Advanced Fuel Injection: The engine breathes through a 44mm Mikuni® throttle body fed by a high pressure electric pump to ensure optimum fuel atomization and power for a wide range of riding conditions. The ultra-compact throttle body also saves weight for excellent mass-centralization.
- Enhanced Radiators: The YZ450F features radiators that are angled directly in the incoming air stream, for enhanced cooling under the most demanding race conditions.
- Robust Transmission and Clutch: The YZ450F's transmission gears use a wide surface area balanced against updated clutch components, all designed to boost durability. The shift drum and selectors improve feel with a shorter, more direct stroke when changing gears, too.
- Wraparound Rear-Positioned Exhaust: The innovative exhaust pipe design enhances mass centralization and improves power development. This layout moves the rear end of the exhaust pipe farther forward and enables a muffler position close to the center of the mass.
- Aluminum Frame: The YZ450F's compact frame further refines the instinctive handling that makes this Yamaha one of the sharpest machines in the class. Every aspect has been carefully retuned, with thinner main spars, thicker down tubes and all-new motor mounts that work together to shed weight and boost handling feel at the limit.
- Compact Body and Seat Design: The YZ450F features stylish bodywork from tip to tail, including a compact fuel tank specifically designed for motocross demands. In addition to shaving weight, the body design is narrow for more comfortable knee grip and control feeling, while the narrow seat gives the rider additional room to move aboard the machine.
- Class-Leading Suspension: Industry-leading, fully adjustable KYB® coil spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping provides exceptional balance between handling and bump absorption, for race-winning handling performance. The linkage type rear suspension features a KYB® shock with specially-tuned damping characteristics to match the YZ450F chassis.
- 270mm Front Brake: Large 270mm front disc brake coupled with aggressive pad material offers outstanding braking performance and machine control, with exceptional stopping power and controllability. Up front, more rigid calipers enhance brake power and feel, while the rear system sheds weight with a new caliper and rear rotor.
- Lightweight Wheels: Careful computer-aided refinement of each wheel's cross-sectional profile shaves valuable weight without sacrificing durability.
- Adjustable Handlebar Mounts: The 4-position adjustable handlebar clamp is rubber mounted to improve comfort, reduce handlebar vibration and allow riders to adjust the bar position, with reshaped mounts that trim weight down even further.
- Embedded Graphics: Yamaha's unique embedded graphics are built into the bodywork for extended durability, resisting both peeling and damage.
- Race Winning Details: The YZ450F includes top-spec details, including 1-1/8" aluminum tapered handlebars, wider yet lighter footpegs, a quick-adjust clutch perch, stylish blue rims and gold chain.
- Ultimate Open Class YZ: Lighter. More Powerful. Better Handling. To meet these essential targets, the 2020 YZ450F was examined under a microscope. A ultra-compact motor was developed, housed in the latest evolution of Yamaha's aluminum Bilateral Beam frame. Chassis components and suspension settings were carefully refined for excellent handling feel. And weight was shaved everywhere, from the footrests to the electrical system.
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 97.0mm x 60.9mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni® fuel injection, 44mm
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable, 12.2 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.5 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 240mm
- Tires / Front: 80/100-21 Dunlop® MX33®
- Tires / Rear: 120/80-19 Dunlop® MX33®
- L x W x H: 86.0 in. x 32.5 in. x 50.2 in.
- Seat Height: 38.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 58.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 27.0 deg.
- Trail: 4.7 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 13.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.6 gal.
- Wet Weight: 245 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 97.0mm x 60.9mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni® fuel injection, 44mm
- Front Suspension
- KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable, 12.2 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 Dunlop® MX33®
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.5 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 240mm
- Rear Tire
- 120/80-19 Dunlop® MX33®
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 245 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.6 gal.
- 58.3 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.0 in.
- Seat Height
- 38.0 in.
- 4.7 in.
- 27.0 deg.
- 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue, Gray
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)